Recipes: Clover Honey
Lemon & Honey Greek Frozen Yogurt
yield 6 servings
- 3 cups full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- Zest and juice of 1 organic lemon
- In a bowl, mix the honey into the yogurt and stir until completely blended.
- Add the lemon juice and zest, and give a quick stir.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into the ice cream machine, and let it work its magic. Enjoy!
You will need an ice cream maker.
Thank you to Recipes To Nourish for this gem!
SALTED HONEY PIE
- Refrigerated pie crust
- 4 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups (600ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (144g) unpacked light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch, sifted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (120ml) honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sea salt, optional
1. Prepare the pie crust in a deep dish 8 inch pie pan, or a 9 inch pie pan, and set it in the fridge. Do not pre-bake it. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Add the egg yolks to a large bowl. Set aside.
3. To make the filling, heat the heavy cream, brown sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium saucepan on medium heat until it comes to a rolling boil, stirring regularly. It should start to thicken.
4. Once the mixture comes to a full boil, remove it from the heat.
5. Temper the eggs by adding a little bit of the cream mixture to the eggs and whisking, then adding a little more. Add the remaining cream mixture and stir until combined and smooth.
6. Add the honey and vanilla extract to the custard and stir until well combined.
7. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
8. Bake the pie for 40-45 minutes. It will bubble up and start to brown on top.
9. Remove the pie from the oven. It will still be pretty jiggly. Set it on the counter to cool until it comes to room temperature. It will firm up as it sits.
10. Refrigerate the pie until it’s cold and fully firm.
11. Sprinkle the sea salt onto the pie and serve.
Coconut Oil Chocolate Bars
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Heat coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Once it melts add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir and pour mix over a parchment paper
- Place cookie sheet in refrigerator for 2-4 hours, or until it is set.
- Once the chocolate hardens, break it up into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
A huge thank you to Coconut Mama for this wonderful recipe! You can check it out here :)
Honey Sponge Toffee
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Line a 12-by-17-inch rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring sugar, honey, and water to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reaches 300 degrees.
- Remove from heat, add baking soda, and stir with whisk just until incorporated.
- Gently pour mixture onto baking sheet without spreading. Let cool. Break into pieces.