Ginger Honey Chicken
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2-3 tablespoons ginger honey
- 1 -2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 350°F.
- Select a sturdy oven dish - preferably non-stick.
- Place the chicken breasts into the baking dish.
- Mix the ginger honey, mustard, water, crushed garlic (and cayenne pepper if using) together in a measuring jug.
- Pour over the chicken breasts, easing them up slightly so the mixture runs underneath them.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and bake in the oven for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Serve one chicken breast per person with some of the cooking sauce drizzled over the top of the chicken.
- Garnish with chopped parsley & serve with a medley of steamed vegetables & pasta.
- To pan fry, heat up a frying pan and add the chicken breasts - dry fry them briefly to give them a bit of colour and add the cooking sauce, mix well and cook for about 20- 30 minutes over a medium heat.
- Serve as before.
GINGER HONEY GUMMY SNACKS
- 2 cups + 1 cup filtered water, divided use
- 1/4 cup grass-fed gelatin
- 2 tablespoons ginger honey
- Cheese grater
- Medium pot
- Medium sized bowl or large measuring cup
- Silicone spatula or spoon
- Silicone molds and/or glass pan
- Add 2 cups water to a medium sized pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3-5 minutes, then turn off the burner.
- While that is heating up, whisk gelatin into 1 cup of water in a separate bowl or measuring cup. It will get really thick, and that’s okay.
- Spoon the gelatin mix into the hot water as quickly as you can. (A silicon spatula works well here.) Whisk quickly until all the gelatin is dissolved into the hot liquid.
- Stir in ginger honey.
- Pour into molds if you like, or pour into a square glass pan.
- Allow to cool in refrigerator for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator – I never cover them since we eat them so quickly, but you can if you want to.
Ginger Honey Glazed Carrots
- 3 pounds carrots, cut into 3- by 1/2-inch sticks
- 3-4 tablespoons ginger honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a kettle cover carrots with salted water by 2 inches and boil, uncovered, until tender, about 10 minutes.
- While carrots are cooking, cook ginger honey and butter over moderate heat, stirring, until butter is melted.
- Drain carrots well and in a bowl toss with honey glaze and salt and pepper to taste.