Recipes: Chocolate Honey
Chocolate Honey Bars
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup margarine or butter
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 75 ml or 1/3 cup chocolate honey
- 750 ml or 3 cups miniature marshmallows (or 24 large)
- 5 ml or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 L or 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 250 ml or 1 cup peanuts (optional)
- In large saucepan over low heat melt margarine. Blend in cocoa powder.
- Stir in chocolate honey, then marshmallows.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until marshmallows melt and mixture is smoothly combined. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla. Add cereal and peanuts (if using). Stir until well combined.
- Press lightly into greased 2 L (9") square pan. Cool. Cut into bars.
Chocolate Honey Mousse
- 2 1/2 cups chilled whipping cream
- 12 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 5 tablespoons chocolate honey
- Stir 3/4 cup cream, chocolate and chocolate honey in heavy medium saucepan over low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Cool, stirring occasionally.
- In large bowl, beat 1 1/4 cups cream until soft peaks form. Fold cream into chocolate mixture in 2 additions. Divide mousse among eight 3/4-cup ramekins. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- Whip remaining 1/2 cup cream to firm peaks. Spoon a dollop of cream in center of each mousse. Top with chocolate honey
Homemade Dark Chocolate Mints
Honey Mint Filling:
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 4 tsp chocolate honey
- ½ tsp peppermint oil
Homemade Magic Shell:
- ⅓ cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- For homemade magic shell, heat the coconut oil on the stove or in a glass bowl in the microwave. Once the coconut oil is liquid, add the cacao powder and gently “fold” the cacao powder into the coconut oil until well combined.
- To make mints, get a 12-cup mini muffin pan, and carefully spoon out ½ tsp homemade magic shell into each cup. Chocolate should lightly coat the bottom. Once chocolate is in each cup, lightly “swirl” the chocolate around so that it comes up the side of each cup. Put pan in the freezer.
- Remove tray from freezer, and spoon out ½ tsp honey filling into each cup. Try to lightly “press” the honey down with the back of the teaspoon so that it lays somewhat flat in the cup. Return tray to freezer.
- After about 5-10 minutes, remove tray from freezer and spoon remaining homemade magic shell in each cup so that honey is completely covered. Cups will be between ½ and ⅔ full. Put tray back in freezer until chocolate sets (about 10 minutes.) Store in freezer.