Every so often we feel passionate about a topic or a theme that relates to beekeeping, health, wellness, or environmental issues. We love to share these topics with you and we hope to create awareness and a broader perspective - even though sometimes it might be a different perspective than ours. We hope you enjoy these reads and we welcome comments and feedback :)
1. The Precious Tradition of Gifting Honey for Christmas
Every year Christmas comes with a challenge. You must find gifts that express how precious the people you care about are to you. You want something exclusive. Ideally, you will share something that is timeless. One of the best ways to do it is to gift a jar of authentic raw honey. This article shows you how you can honour your loved ones this Christmas, by following the tradition of gifting honey.
- Bee pollen is considered one of nature’s most completely nourishing foods, containing nearly all nutrients required by humans
- They contain all the essential components of life – they are rich in proteins, free amino acids, and vitamins, including B-complex and folic acid
- Bee pollen in the diet acts to increase high-density lipoproteins (HDL), decrease low-density lipoproteins (LDL), and normalized blood serum cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- This article also shows the benefits of bee pollen in treating infertility and allergies, supporting weight control, and creating longevity, to name a few
3. The Sweet Truth About Functional Food
Ever wonder what honey really is? Or what the benefits of natural honey could be? The Paleo Mom summed it up in a great article for us. Check out some information about how honey can help with diabetes, cancer, oral health and more.