Tropical Honey Fruit Spring Rolls
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Servings: 6
- 12 rice paper wrappers
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 firm yellow, chopped bananas
- 1 mango (cut into matchsticks)
- 3 chopped kiwi
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1/3 cup Forever Bee Tropical Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 lime
- Fill a large baking dish with warm water. I found that the easiest way to makes the rolls was to take the dry rice paper, dip it in the water very quickly (less than 5 seconds), then pat dry with a paper towel. Either add your second paper on top (if making 6 rolls) or begin filling.
- Add fruit in the middle of the wrap; I used mango on the bottom, then stuffed with the remaining fruit. Some mint leaves I chopped, others I left whole – it’s all on your preference.
- Once the fruit is on the wrap, fold up the bottom and tuck under the fruit. Fold in each side (like you would with a burrito), then roll the wrap to the end. It should seal itself since the wrap is damp.
- Eat whole or slice in the middle at an angle. Serve with Vanilla Lime Honey Dipping Sauce.
howsweeteats.com deserves all the credit for this recipe! Here's a note about how they make them too!
I double wrapped my rolls, resulting in 6 roles. If you use one wrap, you obviously will end up with 12 rolls. The amount of fruit you need will be dependent on how much you add. I added about a tablespoon of berries, kiwi and banana each, and 6-8 mango sticks, plus 2-3 mint leaves. You may want more or less. I used half the amount of fruit here for 6 rolls, so this *should* be enough for 12, just use your eye.