Tropical Chicken Salad & Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Prep Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 18 Minutes
- Total Time: 1.5 Hour
- Servings: 4
• 1/2 C. Balsamic Vinegar
• 1/4 C. Forever Bee Tropical Honey
• 1/4 C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 1/2 Tsp. Coconut Aminos (Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce works too.)
• 1 Lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
• 4 Garlic Cloves, Minced Or Mashed
• 6 C. Spring Salad Mix
• 1 C. Fresh Strawberries, Quartered
• 1 C. Fresh Mango, Cubed
• 1 C. Fresh Pineapple, Diced
• 4 Mandarin Oranges, Peeled
• Salt & Pepper to Taste
• Optional Addon: Avocado or Guacamole
- Mix the 1/2 C. balsamic vinegar, 1/4 C. honey, 1/4 C. olive oil, and 1 1/2 Tsp. coconut aminos together in a small bowl until well combined.
- Reserve half of the vinaigrette into a small airtight container and store in the fridge until later.
- Put the remaining half of the vinaigrette into a ziplock bag or shallow dish with the 1 Lb. chicken breasts and 4 garlic. Allow the chicken to marinate for at least one hour and up to a full day.
- When ready, remove the chicken from the bag and discard the marinade; season with some salt and pepper. Grill the chicken until cooked through. I used my counter top grill for about 5-6 minutes with my particular chicken breasts.
- While the chicken is cooking, divide the greens between 4 plates and top each with about 1/4 C. of each fruit; totaling about 1 C. of fruit per salad.
- When the chicken is done, allow it to cool slightly before slicing or cutting and place atop the salad.
- Remove the vinaigrette from the fridge and spoon about 2 tbsp. of the dressing over each salad.
- Serve right away and enjoy!
We give a warm thank you to theskinnyfork.com for this tasty meal!