Strawberry and Honey Sorbet
- 1 pint (16 ounces) strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/4 cup Forever Bee Strawberry Honey
- 1 tablespoon vodka (or flavored liqueur of choice), optional
- Juice from one lemon
- Place the strawberries in a blender and puree until very smooth. Push the puree through a fine mesh sieve to remove some of the seeds. Whisk in the honey, vodka, and lemon juice. (You want this to be on the sweet side since freezing will dull the flavor.) Cover and chill the mixture.
- Once the strawberry mixture is completely chilled, pour into the ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Return the sorbet to the freezer for a couple more hours to continue firming up.
The vodka helps lower the freezing point of the sorbet, giving it a softer texture and preventing it from getting too hard.
Shoutout to TheKitchn.com for this great recipe.