Lavender Honey Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2/3 cup Forever Bee Lavender Honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 tablespoon salt
- Candy or Instant-read thermometer
- Ice cream maker
- Bring cream, half-and-half, and lavender honey just to a boil in a 2-quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, then remove pan from heat. Let steep, covered, 30 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs and salt in a large bowl, then add 1 cup hot cream mixture in a slow stream, whisking. Pour into remaining hot cream mixture in saucepan and cook over moderately low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until thick enough to coat back of spoon and registers 170 to 175°F on thermometer, about 5 minutes (do not let boil).
- Pour custard through sieve into cleaned bowl and cool completely, stirring occasionally.
- Chill, covered, until cold, at least 3 hours.
- Freeze custard in ice cream maker. Transfer ice cream to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden.
Ice Cream keeps for 1 week.