Orange-Honey-Mustard Baked Chicken Breasts
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest (from about 2 oranges)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 6 oranges)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion or shallot
- 3 tablespoons Forever Bee Orange Honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/4 stick), cut into 4 pieces and at room temperature
- Heat the oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Season the chicken with 2 teaspoons of the salt and all of the pepper; set aside.
- Place the orange zest, juice, onion or shallot, honey, and remaining teaspoon of salt in a large oven-safe frying pan, whisk to combine, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until reduced by almost half, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the Dijon and whole-grain mustards.
- Add the reserved chicken, spoon some of the sauce over each breast, and bake until the chicken is just cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a serving platter and tent with foil. Whisk the butter into the sauce 1 piece at a time, letting each piece melt before adding the next. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.
Thanks chowhound.com for this delicious meal idea!