Orange Honey Glazed Carrots
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- Servings: 4
- 3 bunches carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Forever Bee Orange Honey
- Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the carrots diagonally in 1-inch-thick slices. You should have about 5 cups of carrots. Place 1/2 cup water, the butter, honey, 2 teaspoons of salt, and the ginger in a large saute pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the carrots, cover the pan, and simmer over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and continue to cook for about 20 minutes, or until all the water has evaporated. You may want to raise the heat for the last 5 minutes.
- Add the orange zest and orange juice to the pan, tossing with the carrots. Simmer uncovered for about 5 minutes, until the carrots are al dente (tender but still resistant when you bite) and the sauce glazes the carrots.
- Add the pepper and another teaspoon of salt, to taste.
Thanks for this great recipe and more on yummly.com