Soft Maple Honey Whole Wheat Bread
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Proofing Time: 1 Hour
- Servings: 1 Loaf
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/4 ounce active dry yeast (1 packet)
- 1/4 cup Forever Bee Maple Honey
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- Place the warm water in a large bowl and sprinkle the yeast on top. Set aside for 5 minutes to allow the yeast to proof.
- Add the Forever Bee Maple Honey and butter.
- Blend in 2 cups of the flour (1 cup of whole wheat and 1 cup of all purpose flour) until moistened. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Stir in an additional 1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour, until dough pulls away cleanly from the sides of the bowl.
- Knead on floured surface, adding 1/2 cup additional all purpose flour, until dough is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Place dough in large greased bowl and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place until doubled in size, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Lightly mist a 9x5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray or use parchment paper to line the pan.
- Punch down the dough and shape it into a loaf.
- Place in prepared pan, cover loosely with greased plastic wrap, and let rise in warm place until doubled in size, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Uncover dough, and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when lightly tapped.
- Once this bread is completely cool, slip it into a plastic bag to keep it from drying out. Then keep in in the fridge. It should last for at least a week.
You can also freeze it! I’d recommend slicing it first, that way you can just grab a slice or two from the freezer whenever you need it. It thaws very quickly. At room temp it would probably only take a half hour or so, or pop it into the microwave for around 10 or 15 seconds.
Thank's Richard L for sharing this delicious recipe with us!