Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/hextom_fsb_main.liquid
Maple Honey Granola
3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
1 cup nuts, chopped (I like a mixture of almonds, pecans, cashews, and sunflower seeds)
1/2 -1 teaspoon cinnamon (I use 1 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
6 tablespoons of Forever Bee maple honey
1 cup dried fruit (I like a mixture of cranberries, raisins, chopped apples and apricots)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine rolled oats, coconut, nuts, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl stir together oil and maple honey.
- Pour liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and stir together.
- Spread onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for approx 20-25 minutes (stirring occasionally).
- The longer you bake it the crunchier the granola will be. It may still be sticky when it comes out of the oven, but it will become crisp and dry as it cools.
- Place baking sheet on a wire cooling rack.
- Once cooled, mix in the dried fruit and store in an airtight container or plastic bag in the refrigerator.
- It will keep for several weeks.