Maple Honey Fudge
- 2 cups (500 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Forever Bee Maple Honey
- ½ cup (125 mL) milk or half & half cream
- ¼ cup (125 mL) unsalted butter
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- In a heavy saucepan, stir together the sugar, Maple honey and cream. Place over low-medium heat stirring to dissolve the sugar. Attach the candy thermometer ensuring the bulb does not touch the bottom of the pan but is immersed in the liquid.
- Increase the heat and bring to a boil. Do not stir till the mixture reaches 240’F. Remove from heat and stir in the butter and vanilla. With a wooden spoon, beat constantly till the mixture cools and thickens slightly. Pour into a well-buttered 8 or 9” glass pan.
- Cool for 10 – 15 minutes, score slightly with a sharp knife. Allow to finish cooling. Cover and refrigerate if not serving right away.
Adapted from The Farmers Market Cookbook (General Publishing 1984) by Anita Stewart, Food Laureate and Jo Marie Powers, Professor Emeritus