Pear Honeycomb Winter Salad
- Serves 2
- 3 Small precooked, peeled beets
- 1 Tablespoon mild blue cheese, flaked from cheese wedge.
- 1 Medium forelle pear, sliced
- 4-6, 3/4inch cubes of Forever Bee Honeycomb
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 2 Tablespoons chopped hazlelnuts
- 3 Leaves Basil, chiffonaded
- 3 T champagne vinegar
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- To make dressing, add garlic, Dijon mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper to a small bowl. Slowly begin to pour olive oil while whisking. When dressing is golden and emulsified, set dressing aside.
- Cut pear in half, use a melon baller or teaspoon and remove pear core. Cut off stem and base of the pear. Slice thinly. Cut precooked and peeled beets into quarters.
- To compose salad, add a spoon full of dressing to plate. Add beets, pears, celery and hazelnuts.
- Add Forever Bee Honeycomb, blue cheese and basil. Serve immediately.
Thank you to healthfullyeverafter.co for this delicious recipe.