Ginger Honey Chicken
4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
2-3 tablespoons Forever Bee ginger honey
1 -2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
4 tablespoons water
2 -4 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
salt, to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180C or 350°F.
- Select a sturdy oven dish - preferably non-stick.
- Place the chicken breasts into the baking dish.
- Mix the ginger honey, mustard, water, crushed garlic (and cayenne pepper if using) together in a measuring jug.
- Pour over the chicken breasts, easing them up slightly so the mixture runs underneath them.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and bake in the oven for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Serve one chicken breast per person with some of the cooking sauce drizzled over the top of the chicken.
- Garnish with chopped parsley & serve with a medley of steamed vegetables & pasta.
- To pan fry, heat up a frying pan and add the chicken breasts - dry fry them briefly to give them a bit of colour and add the cooking sauce, mix well and cook for about 20- 30 minutes over a medium heat.