Homemade Dark Chocolate Mints
- ⅓ cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- For homemade magic shell, heat the coconut oil on the stove or in a glass bowl in the microwave. Once the coconut oil is liquid, add the cacao powder and gently “fold” the cacao powder into the coconut oil until well combined.
- To make mints, get a 12-cup mini muffin pan, and carefully spoon out ½ tsp homemade magic shell into each cup. Chocolate should lightly coat the bottom. Once chocolate is in each cup, lightly “swirl” the chocolate around so that it comes up the side of each cup. Put pan in the freezer.
- Remove tray from freezer, and spoon out ½ tsp honey filling into each cup. Try to lightly “press” the honey down with the back of the teaspoon so that it lays somewhat flat in the cup. Return tray to freezer.
- After about 5-10 minutes, remove tray from freezer and spoon remaining homemade magic shell in each cup so that honey is completely covered. Cups will be between ½ and ⅔ full. Put tray back in freezer until chocolate sets (about 10 minutes.) Store in freezer.