Buckwheat Honey Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Forever Bee Buckwheat Honey
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chai tea
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon Forever Bee Buckwheat Honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk (plus more if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease a 10 inch bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray and coat with a little flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves ginger and allspice. Make a well in the center, and add oil, honey, white sugar, eggs, vanilla, orange zest and juice and tea. (If you measure your oil before the honey, it will be easier to get all of the honey out.)
- Using a strong wire whisk or in an electric mixer on slow speed, stir together well to make a thick, well-blended batter, making sure that no ingredients are stuck to the bottom.
- Place cake pan on a baking sheet. Baked for about 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out without batter.
- Let cake stand at least 20 minutes before removing from pan.
- For glaze:
- Combine chocolate, honey and coconut milk and place in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 20 seconds and stir, then heat for 10 second intervals until it is smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake.