Homemade Apple Sauce
- Peel, core and chop the apples into 2" chunks.
- In medium saucepan, combine Apples, Water and 1/2 tablespoon of honey. Optional: add extra honey, or cinnamon as desired.
- Cover and bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat.
- Stir occasional, until the apples are tender and falling apart, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Blend in blender or food processor. For chuky applesauce use a potato masher.
- Stir in the vinegar to your taste. Try a Ginger Vinegar or Raspberry Vinegar for extra flavour. Add more honey if you'd like a sweeter apple sauce.
- Serve warm or chilled; let cool to room temperature before storing in the fridge (for a week) or freezer (for months)
A warm thank you to cookieandkate.com for the recipe I followed when I made this adapted version.