Apple Pie Honey Pie
- Prep Time: 30 Mins
- Cook Time: 50 Mins
- Total Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Servings: 10
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 6 tablesoons cold water, or more as needed
- 6 cups sliced apples
- 3/4 cup Forever Bee Apple Pie Honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Optional: 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
- Put flour and salt for crust in a large bowl. Cut in shortening and butter using a pastry blender until they are pea-sized. Mix in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough is slightly firm, adding more water if needed. Split dough in half and roll out each piece separately. Spread one of the pieces neatly over the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan.
- Combine apples, honey, flour, lemon juice, and any additional seasonings for filling in another bowl. Transfer into the crust. Place remaining pie dough over top and crimp together using your fingers to seal. Make a shallow slit on top with a sharp knife to vent.
- Bake in the preheated oven until juices on top start to bubble, about 50 minutes. Let sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
The Apple Pie Honey has lots of Cinnamon and Nutmeg as well as Lemon Peel, Ginger and Fennugreek. Use your own preferences to mix up this recipe.
Granny Smith and other green apples work really well.